Controlling House Centipedes
What Do They Look Like?
- Size: House centipedes have long, flattened bodies, which can measure as long as 1-1/2 inches long
- Color: The body is a yellowish-brown with three dark stripes running along the top of the body with lighter shading between them.
- Eyes: They have large, well-developed eyes.
- Legs: The arthropods have 15 segments, and each feature one pair of legs. The centipede’s legs are long, slender, and thread-like, and have black and white banding. On females, the last pair of legs is more than twice as long as the body.
How Did I Get House Centipedes?
Centipedes are usually found in damp dark areas. This is what they prefer.If your home has any leaks and prone to dampness, you will attract this type of pest. These pests can be found around stools, sinks, bathtubs and definitely in the basement, since moist conditions are usually in the basement.
Are House Centipedes Dangerous?
It is very rare that a centipede will bite you. It can happen but not often. They can be labeled as a beneficial insect since they prey and eat other insects. In a since, they are not harmless to humans. Centipedes is not a welcome site. All those legs and slender body…Smashing them on the spot can leave behind a nasty stain.
Like other insect centipedes are hard to find. They do not infest like other insects. They you find out you got them is by spotting them in the bathtub, or a basin.
How to Get Rid of House Centipedes?
What Truly Green Pest Control Does?
When your home becomes infested with these slender bugs then you will need to call in Truly Green Pest Control to get the best advice in clearing your home of these pest. Naturally and organically.
- Inspection: Determine source of the problem
- Traps: Monitoring traps is a good method of pinpointing areas of infestation
- Remove Clutter: Alter the environment by removing clutter that these pest love
- Kill Other Pests: Other pest is an excellent way of getting rid of centipedes since the other pest are an excellent source of food. So don’t focus on exterminating just the centipede but focus on the whole home of any pest that may cause centipedes taking up residence.
More Information on Centipedes
- Centipede Bites
- How Many Legs Does a Centipede Have?
- Millipedes’ vs Centipedes
- What do Centipedes Eat?
- Are Centipedes Dangerous?
- Centipedes in the Bathroom
- Centipede Repellents
- How Do centipedes Get in the House
- What Attracts Centipedes