Questions People Ask about Fleas
- Use a powerful vacuum on any floors, upholstery, and mattresses. ...
- Employ a steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery, including pet beds. ...
- Wash all bedding, including your pet's, in hot water. ...
- Use natural pest control treatments.
- Size: Fleas a very small and do not have wings and can be 2.0 to 2.5 mm long.
- Color: They are shinny with a color tint of reddish brown, and very tiny hairs that allow them to move freely when attached to an animal.
- No wings: Fleas do not have wings, although they are capable of jumping long distances.
- Legs: Setae is attached to the flea legs. They are like tiny thorns that keeps the flea attached to the animal or host.
Most fleas are restricted to their host and the host nest. Such as, gardens pet beds, and animal pens.
Adults require a blood meal to activate sperm and egg production, so, that makes you an important host.
Fleas are significant vectors of diseases in humans and in pets. They spread plague and typhus and have also been cited in spreading tularemia (rabbit fever)., and cat scratch fever. Fleas spread the disease by a simple bite or the feces contact into open wound in the skin. The flea bites can lead to excessive scratching which can lead to a secondary infection on top of the one you received from the flea.
How Did I Get Fleas?
Most likely you get fleas from your dog or cat. They can collect fleas from the outside and then live in their fur. Fleas can fall from the dog and then infest their bed or the carpet in your home. It is important to see a veterinarian on a regular basis. Getting a flea treatment for your home will not help if you haven’t taken your pet to the veterinarian. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- What Do Fleas Look Like?
- Do Fleas Bite Humans
- Signs of a Flea Infestation
Contact Truly Green Pest Control
Need to contact your local Truly Green Pest Control office? Start by searching your location. If you don’t see your location, just leave a message. We love to hear from you.
Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM -5:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM
We will answer your questions personally. And we offer same-day solutions and Saturday appointments, as well as online scheduling and bill payment that are available 24/7.