Questions People Ask about Fleas
- Use a powerful vacuum on any floors, upholstery, and mattresses. ...
- Employ a steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery, including pet beds. ...
- Wash all bedding, including your pet's, in hot water. ...
- Use natural pest control treatments.
How To Get Rid of Fleas
Fleas are small, wingless parasites that feed on the blood of animals and humans. They can cause itching, irritation, allergic reactions and diseases. If you have pets, chances are you have encountered fleas at some point. Fleas can infest your home and make your life miserable. Fortunately, there are ways to get rid of fleas and prevent them from coming back.
The first step is to treat your pets. Fleas can jump from one animal to another, so you need to eliminate them from all your furry friends. You can use flea shampoos, sprays, collars or oral medications to kill the adult fleas and stop their life cycle. Consult your veterinarian for the best option for your pet. You should also comb your pet regularly with a fine-toothed flea comb to remove any eggs, larvae or dead fleas.
The second step is to clean your home thoroughly. Fleas can hide in carpets, furniture, bedding and cracks. You need to vacuum every surface and wash everything that can be washed in hot water. You should also dispose of the vacuum bag or empty the canister outside to prevent the fleas from escaping. You can also use flea bombs or foggers to kill any remaining fleas in your home. Follow the instructions carefully and leave the house for several hours while the product works.
The third step is to prevent future infestations. Fleas can come from outside sources, such as other animals or wildlife. You should keep your pets away from areas where fleas are likely to be found, such as tall grass, bushes or piles of leaves. You should also treat your yard with flea repellents or insecticides to kill any fleas that may be lurking there. You can also use natural remedies, such as diatomaceous earth, vinegar or lemon juice, to deter fleas from entering your home.
By following these steps, you can get rid of fleas and enjoy a pest-free environment. Remember to check your pets and home regularly for any signs of fleas and act quickly if you spot any. Fleas are not only annoying but also harmful, so don’t let them ruin your health and happiness.
How Did I Get Fleas?
– I might have gotten fleas from my pet dog or cat. They love to play outside and sometimes bring back unwanted guests.
– I might have gotten fleas from visiting a friend’s house or a hotel that had an infestation. Fleas can hide in carpets, furniture and bedding.
– I might have gotten fleas from walking in a park or a forest where wild animals live. Fleas can jump from one host to another and hitch a ride on my clothes or shoes
- What Do Fleas Look Like?
- Do Fleas Bite Humans
- Signs of a Flea Infestation
Contact Truly Green Pest Control
Need to contact your local Truly Green Pest Control office? Start by searching your location. If you don’t see your location, just leave a message. We love to hear from you.
Call Toll Free:
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM -5:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM
We will answer your questions personally. And we offer same-day solutions and Saturday appointments, as well as online scheduling and bill payment that are available 24/7.