Ant Stings

Natural Ant Exterminator

Many Ants bite and many are aggressive. Its not the bite the cause the pain but the venom the ant injects into your skin. Depending on the ant, they become a health and medical emergency due to the amount of time the ant can sting. Ants like the harvester and fire ant can cause serious allergic reactions and even death.

Symptoms

What are the normal symptoms of ant stings? Although the ants bite, the pain can be intense are maybe not. At any rate, the pain will subside in hours to minutes. You can develop other symptoms such as swelling around the puncture site.  Older ant victims can have serious allergic reactions depending on the amount of venom injected into the skin. More serious symptoms and perhaps anaphylaxis may occur.

Anaphylaxis

Anaphylaxis is a complex response, but is simply a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction that may occur within a very short period of time after exposure to the allergen. Signs of an allergic reaction may include sneezing, wheezing, hives, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sudden anxiety, dizziness, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, itching or swelling of the eyes, lips, or other areas of the face, rapid loss of blood pressure, fainting and coma. While not always the case, a person is who highly allergic to wasp and bee stings may be highly allergic to ant stings. Always seek the advice and assistance of a physician when bitten or stung by ants.

Why do they sting?

Ants attack when you are close to their nest. They move to defend their nest to prevent invasions. They sting when attacking their prey.  They will bite pets in areas such as the ear, or paws. This is because the area has less hair. Pets will give you a sign of irritation by licking the wound. Fire ant stings on pets usually appear as small bumps that show up on the parts of the pet’s body with little or no hair, like the ears and belly.