Mosquito ControlWhat is summer without the high pitched sound of mosquitoes flying around your ears. You know the sound and you go for the knockout punch. Smack! It’s probably to light after the smack. The mosquito has already bitten you. Something in the insect’s spit causes the small itchy welt. Now this is insane. I’m telling you not to scratch. Just leave the bite alone. When you scratch you open up the skin and allow bacteria to seep in. How to avoid mosquito bites
- Stay indoors at dawn and dusk, and in the early evening.
- Wear long pants and long sleeves when you go outdoors.
- Apply bug spray with essential oils or picaridin to all exposed skin.
- Get rid of standing water where mosquitoes breed.
- Use screens on windows and doors to keep the bugs out.
- Dog bowls that haven’t been changed
- Toys left outside that has water lodged in them.
- Kiddie pools that haven’t been emptied
- Gutters full of debris and moisture