How to Get Rid of Moles
What are Moles ?
There is nothing like early spring time. The grass is green, the flowers are blooming, and your are excited for your hard work. As you walk through your yard, your ankle twist as you sink into a soft part of the grown in your yard. This is when you realize you have a mole problem. You start to panic because you know what mole tunnels can do to your lawn. As you look over your lawn you see raised ridges that are volcano shaped. We will give you some recommendations and tips. Learn how to get rid of moles.
Moles are a rodent that lives underground. They are carnivores that eat insects, grubs and other things like worms. They don’t eat your garden but they can disrupt your plants in y our garden causing damage and actual other rodents to destroy the plant. Mole removal is necessary.
Usually when you have moles it’s a sign of trouble brewing in your soil. The good part of your soil is it is rich in organic matter. So your garden probably looks good. If you have a lot of moles it simply means something there is attracting them like a number of soil pest. Just warnings…take care of your lawn to make it undesirable for pest.
How to identify Moles in your yard or garden
Moles are surprisingly small little mammals with a pointed facial structure, tiny eyes and a spud shaped body. If you see their body, their feet look like flippers and they actually move swiftly in the tunnels. Their flippers acts like a shovel on rapid fire as they swim through the soil.
Moles have a pointed snout that is hairless. They have tiny eyes and ears that is concealed by their fur. They look odd. Their forefeet are large with webbed toes. Their Hine legs have claws Moles are very small and weigh a whopping 4 to 5 ounces.
Signs of Mole Damage
• Moles prefer insects over gardens. They like grubs and soil organisms.
• Moles dig deep down into the soil. Ten inches to a foot.
• Mounds in your soil that destroys grass
• Use a deterrent like tobacco, dried blood especially after a rain
• Cats help. Rodents hate cats
• Moles love grubs and insects. Use a little castor oil. 3parts castor oil, 1part dish soap and gallon of water.
• One remedy is to place an ear of corn with roofing tar. Moles hate the smell
• Red pepper in tunnel entrance is a deterrent
• If you drink fresh coffee, save the grounds. Sprinkle on top of soil.
• If the problems do not solve, then the only thing to-do is Trap. You will find this is the best way to get rid of moles. Use a humane trap and take it far away from your home an let it go. Make sure it’s the wilderness.
• Moles love organic rich lawns. Check for grubs and other bugs. Spary the lawn with milky spore disease or beneficial nematodes to destroy the grubs.
• If you are worried about your plant’s. Dig a hole around the plant and put a light weight mesh, enough for the plant to grow. Mole can’t dig through.